January 28, 2007

MBA


I was never a studious student at any point of my educational life.. but this MBA has given new heights to my laziness towards studies ..my routine ltf- 2-4 movies a day, 4-7 trips to pub a week, 1-2 hours of basket ball a day, 20-25 clicks on refresh button in orkut to check new messages, 10-15 clicks a day on www. .blogspot.com/ to see if she has written any new post or replied to any anonymous comment of mine. Its not like we don’t have anything to do.. Most of my batch mates are busy in value addition (its the term they use) processes like case studies, committees (there are too many .. I don even know names of all of them).. few really ambitious guys are doing courses like CFA , APICS ,NCFM etc etc.. all this wasn’t my cup of tea but I respected the fact that people are focused.. and one day I found one of the self assumed intellects came to Manni bhai’s room ..he was asking his opinions on different courses.. he wanted to do de best course available in market to label on his CV.. okk.. I mean its fine.. but best part was his options covered whole of the universe.. he didn’t believe in any boundaries of finance scm or marketing.. if he could be anyhow convinced salsa or theatres ‘ll assure him a good CV point then he‘ll be doing their certifications too..

Dubey jee gave NCFM .. and half of the batch followed him.. now when Tanuj cleared CFA level -1 atleast 20 more are writing CFA this June.. We are very patriotic. We don’t believe in going against traditions. Bhed chaal is one of the oldest traditions of India. We don’t have specific interests. Few years back every Mom N Dad in India used too see future engineer, doctor or IAS in their newly born offspring …Now due to increasing number of unemployed and low paid Engineers and doctors dreams are changed…. Now MBA is dream of India… But as Aamir said in Rang de Basanti no country is perfect… India too has few who don’t follow traditions and thats why Mumbai is full of struggling Shahrukhs and Aishwaryas…they too follow bhedchaal but roots don’t originate 4m their parents in this case…

Yeah..telling more bout our coll..we have a stupid IP messenger… it serves as local news channel.. you can get every information over here..

people share their emotions with their status messages like

~I can’t handle this anymore~
~enjoying life~
~I want to be remembered after 1000 yrs of my death~

then there are informative ones
~go for CAIRN IPO~ ( after the reports of IPO being under subscribed)

few coded status messages are also there to use your brain and crack them

~kbc tritya:kaun banegi chachijaan~
~killi nailed someone. guess who is it??~

suggestions like

~sab mohmaya sab kapat~
~ nothing is impossible~

you can get personal informations like

~hair raising~
~sim changed~

n u can show ur mahanta too with messgs like

~teach kids thru rotaract~

you can check this post for further details on ip messenger.. http://menmyken.blogspot.com/2006/12/tere-mere-status-message.html


Sometimes its really funny.. today there was a long discussion over whether fin assignment should be submitted in printout or handwritten.. best part was one of de generous souls has circulated the solution …all what has to be done was to take printout or copy 12 pages n submit it... discussion started with logical facts like…same 12 pages of printout of 150 students will look odd… counter attack.. “prof wont check the assignments ..he haven’t even checked the last 2 modules examination paper”.. then came threat of CR “you‘ll be responsible for your own grades in case you submit it in printout” …when one of us felt like it wont be possible to make a common decision a mesg came “handwritten” …counter attack “printout printout printout” …most of the guys have 2-3 years of work ex …few of them are married… anyways … may be this is called fighting instincts…

I am not very regular in attending classes.. there is a logical fact behind…bhartiya sabhyta … Buddha says neutrality z first step towards salvation.. one should not be excited by any good outcome nor should he feel depressed by negative happenings. I ask to myself.. “What ‘ll attendance give you?”.. good impression …few extra numbers.. “what ‘ll these give you?” good job… “what a good job means?”.. handsome sum of money … “what ‘ll few extra bucks give you?”… added sense of happiness… but thats a hurdle in achieving salvation…one should be neutral…knowledge isn’t the factor which came as reply coz attending a class means to me.. “virtual trip to different places while sitting in my chair” or the best productive thing I can do in class is to think something creative and philosophical…three things always give me the feel to think something new n creative…

1- View from window of a train

2- Loo

3- Faces of Prof while sitting in lecture

That why most of the times I run short of attendance.. teachers are of three types..

First type:

Type- Moderate

Qualities-have impression of being very strict

they think there isn’t anything they can do of such stupid students. They try to humiliate students infront of the class.. give threats…some of them give less marks to defaulters.. but they don have any concern with changing the attitude or belief of culprits.

Second type:

Type –Good

Qualities- harmless, humble, intelligent

They don care about the attendance…occasionally take attendance that too in pages (most of which don make any impact on attendance register) don’t have time for any other thing than lecture

Third type:

Type –Dangerous

Qualities- Duty bound, punctual

They take every class with new enthu… take attendance very seriously (some of them takes it two times..) they think its their responsibility to give the right direction to students.

Our economics teacher falls in third category…n one very fine lazy evening Ravi gave me her mesg that if I am interested in giving module exam she wants to see me in half an hour.. I didn’t knew she could go to such cheap tactics otherwise I may not have ignored her last three calls.. I was thinking she must be busy enough in other stuffs .after all profs too have other things to do but I was wrong she too had as much faaltu tym as I have…

First question she fired was .. “Do you know how many attendance u have??” …I didn’t knew she expected us to count attendance… I followed very old principle of mine of keeping my mouth shut… “13 out of 24”she said… I was shocked…I didn’t attend 13 classes of hers.. Proxy Zindabaad!! I felt like telling her that it was my best attendance in 8 subjects but kept my mouth shut.. “Sorry but I can’t allow u to sit in module exam”.. I didn’t have any other option but too give some stupid excuse.. I just hate telling lie but this world makes you corrupt.. it doesn’t leave any other option but….

“I wasn’t well.. So I went to my place..” . “For how many days?” … she asked.. “2 weeks” I replied… “ But there are just 4 classes in 2 weeks.. what bout other 7??”

silence for few seconds…Then she started giving lectures .. I had lots of excuses but didn’t said anything… actually management z bout catering ego of others for your own good…I followed de golden rule…but she had loads of it I guess…so I had to interrupt ..

“But…Mam! I attended all de classes after that. You can check your attendance register..” . “I had just 2 classes after that…that too was taken by guest faculty..” she said while checking her attendance register…I didn’t knew she was going to really check otherwise I shouldn’t have given her the idea.. “He still didn’t gave me the attendance list n I know you mustn’t have attended his classes too” she said… “mam!! I did..” I replied..

“what was his name?” I didn’t even know names of all of my batch mates .. n why de hell I was going to remember his name… “I didn’t paid attention to his name” I replied..

“I knew you haven’t attended the class” she said… “mam!! I did..just I don remem the name…but I remem he was wearing spects” I replied.. “very smart!! Nowadays every next profs have spects…” she gave her smart answer with expression of self praise… “what all he explained today??” that was the least expected question during your post graduation… I didn’t even remember the topic… “sorry mam.. I didn’t remem..” . I wasn’t even able to prove my innocence that this time I didn’t lie.. I attended that bogus class for 3 hours at the opportunity cost of watching “enemy at the gates”. Such incidences made you feel. This world is not for innocent people …n while all of my batchmates were studying for module exams I was doing assignment before 2 days of exams… critical analysis of “Fiscal policy and monetary policy of India in last year keeping multiplier effect and accelerator effect in count”. It took 9 precious hours of mine just b4 exams… this z the only value addition I m getting here in my MBA..meeting the deadlines..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

abe padhta tu kabhi nahi tha par number to mast aate they...sahi description diya hai apne coll ka...

Anu Sharma said...

@attending a class means to me.. “virtual trip to different places while sitting in my chair” ..hahaha...good one...btw cud relate wid u very well..

ken said...

sahi hai dost .. got to know of your philosphical self .. the part "Buddha says neutrality z first step towards salvation.. one should not be excited by any good outcome nor should he feel depressed by negative happenings" is great !!! thanks for refering to my article :-) .... hope to meet you in class tomorrow or elsewhere :-)

Anonymous said...

just saw your blog's link in your profile...good post but first post was best..

Aditi Gupta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Iceman said...

Nice one dude...lol...even i feel creative and inspired when
a) looking out of a train window
b) in the class facing a boring prof

the loo never inspired me though...

Invincible said...

@shreya n anu
:))
@ken
my plezure ..
@swati
thnx

@harsha..
try it once!! ;)