March 12, 2008

we always have fools and appearances against us!

Seems like its quite a long time since I wrote something… actually in de meanwhile I never felt like to write anything.. may be urge for writing was just for time pass to me [:D].. n I don’t need to pass time anymore…coz finally MBA z over n m not unemployed now.. Life was good in college but man! 20 yrs of studying without any break.. imagine de monotonousness.. plodding… skool was ok!! 5 subjects in an yr… engineering 12 in an yr.. MBA 24 in 9 months.. every day when I woke up I didn’t knew whether I have to go for breakfast or its exam time.. exams were like meals n subjects like restaurants! You eat in different restaurants to change your taste but you can’t eat in restaurants for long.. 20 yrs!! phhew..

N see de irony.. I’ll be eating that dish for next 8-10 yrs which I never even tasted b4…lolz.. sorry.. m on diet so can’t restrain myself from talking bout food…thats a diff story…’ll write bout that later… what I meant by that restaurant food thing z finally I m doing something which I never studied.. Finance, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts...debt..asset..liabalities.. I didn’t even like de sound of their speech..

When I came to MBA college I didn’t knew whether I’ll be taking Marketing, Finance , IT ,Ops or SCM.. then I thought of election by elimination.. finance was de first stream to get eliminated.. I still remember every time I had to go to SBI with mom.. I always dozed off in that not-so-cozy sofa in de bank.. finally marketing was de only thing which was left by de end of summer training in Maruti’s SCM deptt.. n one fine morning in a stupid group project called mandi (street selling of educational toys) it came to my mind that may be sales ‘ll be more interesting for me as compared to marketing..

So out of 5 options available to me after de placement process.. I decided bank sales… n finally m in HDFC as business manager Working capital.. so if u own a company n you need cash credit, over draft, corporate loan, bank guarantee, letter of credit or any working capital facility..u know whom to contact [;)]..

One of the other offers I rejected wud have given me near bout twice take home salary.. some people may say money z all what matters.. I’ve seen many of my batch mates deciding their jobs based on salary rather than profiles of their interest.

But m happy… very happy indeed…m enjoying de work… safest path is not de best one everytime.. being opportunist z gud but every opportunity z not to cash... I decided to stick to something which really excites me…rest no one knows de future…time has its own twists n turns in store !!

Rest m reading Friedrich Nietzsche’s philosophy nowadays…



“We immoralists! This world which concerns us, in which we have to love and fear, this almost invisible, inaudible world of subtle commanding, subtle obeying, a world of ‘almost’ in every respect, sophistical, insidious, sharp, tender: it is well defended, indeed, against clumsy spectators and familiar curiosity! We are entwined in an austere shirt of duty and cannot get out of it – and in this we are ‘men of duty’, we too! Sometimes, it is true, we may dance in our ‘chains’ and between our ‘swords’; often, it is no less true, we gnash our teeth at it and frown impatiently at the unseen hardship of our lot. But do what we will, fools and appearances speak against us and say ‘these are men without duty’ – we always have fools and appearances against us!”

19 comments:

abhijeet said...

dude, again u stand perfectly on my expectations , wat i liked most in particular is ur abstract camparision of restaurent n exam........... keep writing......

Shweta said...

gud..love the way you present your feelings. quote is really impressive.where do you find such stuffs?? keep it up..

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

heyyy....lucky u...mba over...studies over....happy with ur job...wha else cud u ask for!
congoz!:)

Unknown said...

nice cum bak dude..keep writing such gud stuff..!!

Solitaire said...

Welcome to the world of work and good luck!!!!

Occasional Brilliance said...

beautifully written comparision... isnt it funny hw wn ur hungry n waiting 4 food n u knw its gona b gr8, it tks such a long time... much lk wn ur in an xams n u dnt knw wt 2 write n d clock jst dsnt seem 2 tick...

Neha said...

I know what u feel like....felt the same way wen i first joined the b school some 4 yrs back...then came the placement season and u realize u ur true friends are.
The philosophy became way too heavy for me...i left it halfway
:(

Anonymous said...

nice philosophy..your's as well as friedrich's..

Anonymous said...

sahi likha hai boss. long time haan! good come back..the way you write is awesome

Indrajit said...

ALL th best man,:) in whtever u do. I wish i cud do My MBa, but i realised it later. haha. Well, I wd sit for CAT and mat atlst once.:) and who knws wd strt my MBa too.
BUt u knw , it's difficult once u hve wrkd for 4 yrs.. again a nw start etc etc...
Anyways long time huh.. :) tc

Anonymous said...

superb! hdfc is a good brand name to start your careerwith. you took long time to post this post. keep on writing.

Sameera Ansari said...

Well said!Satisfaction in what we do is more important than the monetary gain any day.

Matangi Mawley said...

hey gr8 post!

Abhishek said...

"...a world of ‘almost’ in every respect..."
Friedrich Nietzsche (who-so-ever he may be) has proven my point, the names of my blogs are hence justified.
anyways, read you after ages. congrats, you have a job.. satisfactory job!
agree with the title of the post.
time has its own twists n turns in store
so true!

Macadamia The Nut said...

I loved your thought process, but it would've had a greater impact if it wasn't written in sms lingo :)

Vijeta said...

hey there...quiet a new imagination of turning subjects into resturants..i can very well understd all pains u've gone thru with:p

but the good thing is,finally u've got ur fruit and u r happy to eat it as well..must quiet inspiring post.have a great life!

Manzarie said...

it was an interesting piece to read but I think this is the way we have to enjoy our lifes..

Shanks said...

Dude its been a good 27 years for me!!! haha, comes with my profession...
nice quote...

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.